Wednesday, April 5, 2017

And today is April 5th, I've made a big pile of projects on the living room floor, took a picture to place on Instagram and on the linkup for the second quarter. Funny how it seems there are three recalcitrant students being held back a year, every quarter. Even funnier, I just did a headcount and fully half of the contestants are laggards. I would laugh if I could.

Top left is the spiral hexaround, a Julie Yeager design. I found three packs of Big Twist in a peacock stripe (50% off coupon made the skeins $1.48 each). There are 24 motifs done, unfortunately I decided to complicate the matter by adding an extra row around with various colors picked up from the stripes (lots of indigo). 

Next is the latest reproduction of Cheerful Child by Carolyn Christmas - such an easy and quick set of patterns; then a T-shirt I am drawing Jean-Michel Basquiat's Trumpet for fun using a grid method; then the stubborn string wall quilt. Second row a large brown motif afghan which is in the stage of sewing all the motifs together, but this one has proved back-breaking in the assembly stage. I need to just bite the bullet and finish, which is what I was trying to do last night with the Monet baby blanket A. There are many more rows to go!!
The scrappy brown triangles/white panels will have cats appliqued at the finish, now I'm hand stitching random patterns in each white panel. 

Third row holds two colors of linen and a dress pattern, I would like to make sheaths but haven't gotten past the cutting paper stage. Two sunflower towels, one newly finished baby quilt A in Ladies Luncheon pattern (it looked quick easy fun) which awaits a fun-flannel backing and more free motion experimentation (poor little patient). The Happy Wishes quilt top is all together and will be backed by a crazy quilt selection of flannels. The last row is the Danish Mermaid color selection of Scheepjes Hygge CAL 2017, then baby quilt B which now needs only binding. Grand total of 14 for whoever is still awake. However, I know I will "do better" than last quarter when I mailed the first finished piece to my brother, and forgot to take a picture of it before doing so. Penalty kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment